Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
» Portuguese language » Etymologies
Portuguese terms categorized by their etymologies.
- Category:Portuguese apocopic forms: Portuguese words that underwent apocope, thus their origin involved a loss or omission of a sound or syllable from their end.
- Category:Portuguese blends: Portuguese words formed by combinations of other words.
- Category:Portuguese compound words: Portuguese words composed of two or more stems.
- Category:Portuguese calques: Portuguese terms formed by piece-by-piece translations of terms from other languages.
- Category:Portuguese eponyms: Portuguese terms derived from names of real or fictitious people.
- Category:Portuguese twice-borrowed terms: Portuguese terms that were borrowed from another language that originally borrowed the term from Portuguese.
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.