This is the main category of the Proto-Balto-Slavic language, represented in Wiktionary by the code ine-bsl-pro. It is the reconstructed ancestor of all Balto-Slavic languages, written in Latin script.
Proto-Balto-Slavic is a hypothetical language. Words and roots in Proto-Balto-Slavic are not directly attested in any written works, but have been reconstructed through the comparative method, which finds regular similarities between languages that cannot be explained by coincidence or word-borrowing, and extrapolates ancient forms from these similarities.
According to our criteria for inclusion, Proto-Balto-Slavic should not be present in entries in the main namespace, but may be added to the Appendix: namespace.
Please see Wiktionary:About Proto-Balto-Slavic for considerations about Proto-Balto-Slavic entries.
Definitions, translations and related terms may be found at the entry Proto-Balto-Slavic.
- Category:Proto-Balto-Slavic lemmas: Proto-Balto-Slavic lemmas, categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Proto-Balto-Slavic morphemes: Morphemes used to form Proto-Balto-Slavic words.
- Category:Terms derived from Proto-Balto-Slavic: Categories with terms derived from Proto-Balto-Slavic in various specific languages.
- Category:ine-bsl-pro:All topics: Proto-Balto-Slavic words categorized by subject.
- Category:Proto-Balto-Slavic appendices: Miscellaneous information about Proto-Balto-Slavic language.
- Category:Requests (Proto-Balto-Slavic): Proto-Balto-Slavic entries that need attention of experienced editors.
- Category:Proto-Balto-Slavic templates: Proto-Balto-Slavic templates, containing reusable wiki code that help with creating and managing entries.
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Pages in category "Proto-Balto-Slavic language"
This category contains only the following page.