Proto-Indo-European is a hypothetical language. Words and roots in Proto-Indo-European are not directly attested in any written works, but have been reconstructed through the comparative method, which finds regular similarities between languages that cannot be explained by coincidence or word-borrowing, and extrapolates ancient forms from these similarities.
According to our criteria for inclusion, Proto-Indo-European should not be present in entries in the main namespace, but may be added to the Appendix: namespace.
Please see Wiktionary:About Proto-Indo-European for considerations about Proto-Indo-European entries.
Definitions, translations and related terms may be found at the entry Proto-Indo-European.
- Category:Proto-Indo-European lemmas: Proto-Indo-European lemmas, categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Proto-Indo-European morphemes: Morphemes used to form Proto-Indo-European words.
- Category:Proto-Indo-European etymologies: Proto-Indo-European terms categorized by their etymologies.
- Category:Terms derived from Proto-Indo-European: Categories with terms derived from Proto-Indo-European in various specific languages.
- Category:ine-pro:All topics: Proto-Indo-European words categorized by subject.
- Category:Proto-Indo-European appendices: Miscellaneous information about Proto-Indo-European language.
- Category:Requests (Proto-Indo-European): Proto-Indo-European entries that need attention of experienced editors.
- Category:User ine-pro: Wiktionary users categorized by fluency levels in Proto-Indo-European.
- Category:Proto-Indo-European templates: Proto-Indo-European templates, containing reusable wiki code that help with creating and managing entries.
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
Pages in category "Proto-Indo-European language"
This category contains only the following page.