» All languages » Proto-Malayo-Polynesian language
This is the main category of the Proto-Malayo-Polynesian language, represented in Wiktionary by the code poz-pro. It is the reconstructed ancestor of all Malayo-Polynesian languages, and is written in the Latin script.
Proto-Malayo-Polynesian is a hypothetical language. Its words and roots are not directly attested in any written works, but have been reconstructed through the comparative method, which finds regular similarities between languages that cannot be explained by coincidence or word-borrowing, and extrapolates ancient forms from these similarities.
- Category:Proto-Malayo-Polynesian lemmas: Proto-Malayo-Polynesian lemmas, categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:poz-pro:All topics: Proto-Malayo-Polynesian terms organized by topic, such as "Animals" or "Chemistry".
- Category:Regional Proto-Malayo-Polynesian: Proto-Malayo-Polynesian terms used in specific regions or dialects.
- Category:Proto-Malayo-Polynesian terms by etymology: Proto-Malayo-Polynesian terms categorized by their etymologies.
- Category:Terms derived from Proto-Malayo-Polynesian: Categories with terms derived from Proto-Malayo-Polynesian in various specific languages.
- Category:Proto-Malayo-Polynesian terms needing attention: Proto-Malayo-Polynesian terms that need the attention of knowledgeable editors.
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Proto-Malayo-Polynesian language"
This category contains only the following page.