Category:Russian parts of speech
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
» Russian language » Parts of speech
Russian terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Russian adjectives: Russian terms that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Russian adverbs: Russian terms that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Russian conjunctions: Russian terms that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:Russian determiners: Russian terms that reference nouns, expressing their contexts directly.
- Category:Russian interjections: Russian terms that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:Russian nouns: Russian terms that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Russian numerals: Russian terms that quantify nouns.
- Category:Russian particles: Russian terms that do not belong to any of the inflected grammatical word classes, often lacking their own grammatical functions and forming other parts of speech or expressing the relationship between clauses.
- Category:Russian prepositions: Russian adpositions that are placed before their objects.
- Category:Russian pronouns: Russian terms that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:Russian verbs: Russian terms that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.