Category:Russian parts of speech
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
» Russian language » Parts of speech
Russian terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Russian adjectives: Russian words that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Russian adverbs: Russian words that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Russian conjunctions: Russian words that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:Russian determiners: Russian words that reference nouns, expressing their contexts directly.
- Category:Russian interjections: Russian words that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:Russian nouns: Russian words that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Russian numerals: Russian words that indicate quantities of nouns.
- Category:Russian particles: Russian words that do not belong to any of the inflected grammatical word classes, often lacking their own grammatical functions and forming other parts of speech or expressing the relationship between clauses.
- Category:Russian prepositions: Russian adpositions that are placed before their objects.
- Category:Russian pronouns: Russian words that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:Russian verbs: Russian words that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.