Category:Scots parts of speech
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
» Scots language » Parts of speech
Scots terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Scots adjectives: Scots words that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Scots adverbs: Scots words that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Scots conjunctions: Scots words that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:Scots determiners: Scots words that reference nouns, expressing their contexts directly.
- Category:Scots interjections: Scots words that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:Scots nouns: Scots words that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Scots numerals: Scots words that indicate quantities of nouns.
- Category:Scots particles: Scots words that do not belong to any of the inflected grammatical word classes, often lacking their own grammatical functions and forming other parts of speech or expressing the relationship between clauses.
- Category:Scots prepositions: Scots adpositions that are placed before their objects.
- Category:Scots pronouns: Scots words that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:Scots verbs: Scots words that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.