Category:Serbo-Croatian parts of speech
» Serbo-Croatian language » Parts of speech
Serbo-Croatian terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Serbo-Croatian adjectives: Serbo-Croatian terms that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Serbo-Croatian adverbs: Serbo-Croatian terms that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Serbo-Croatian conjunctions: Serbo-Croatian terms that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:Serbo-Croatian interjections: Serbo-Croatian terms that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:Serbo-Croatian nouns: Serbo-Croatian terms that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Serbo-Croatian numerals: Serbo-Croatian terms that quantify nouns.
This category lists only terms of the grammatical "numeral" part of speech, and not all number words may in fact be grammatically numerals. See Category:sh:Cardinal numbers and Category:sh:Ordinal numbers for more complete lists.
- Category:Serbo-Croatian particles: Serbo-Croatian terms that do not belong to any of the inflected grammatical word classes, often lacking their own grammatical functions and forming other parts of speech or expressing the relationship between clauses.
- Category:Serbo-Croatian prepositions: Serbo-Croatian adpositions that are placed before their objects.
- Category:Serbo-Croatian pronouns: Serbo-Croatian terms that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:Serbo-Croatian verbs: Serbo-Croatian terms that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.