Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
» Spanish language » Etymologies
Spanish terms categorized by their etymologies.
- Category:Spanish apocopic forms: Spanish words that underwent apocope, thus their origin involved a loss or omission of a sound or syllable from their end.
- Category:Spanish blends: Spanish words formed by combinations of other words.
- Category:Spanish compound words: Spanish words composed of two or more stems.
- Category:Spanish calques: Spanish terms formed by piece-by-piece translations of terms from other languages.
- Category:Spanish neologisms: Spanish terms that have been only recently acknowledged.
- Category:Spanish eponyms: Spanish terms derived from names of real or fictitious people.
- Category:Spanish twice-borrowed terms: Spanish terms that were borrowed from another language that originally borrowed the term from Spanish.
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.