Category:Tamil parts of speech
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
» Tamil language » Parts of speech
Tamil terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Tamil adjectives: Tamil words that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Tamil adverbs: Tamil words that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Tamil conjunctions: Tamil words that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:Tamil interjections: Tamil words that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:Tamil nouns: Tamil words that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Tamil numerals: Tamil words that indicate quantities of nouns.
- Category:Tamil pronouns: Tamil words that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:Tamil verbs: Tamil words that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.