Category:Turkish terms by etymology
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
» Turkish language » Terms by etymology
Turkish terms categorized by their etymologies.
- Category:Turkish back-formations: Turkish words formed by reversing a supposed regular formation, removing part of an older term.
- Category:Turkish blends: Turkish words formed by combinations of other words.
- Category:Turkish borrowed terms: Turkish terms that are loanwords, i.e. words that were directly incorporated from another language.
- Category:Turkish calques: Turkish terms formed by piece-by-piece translations of terms from other languages.
- Category:Turkish compound words: Turkish words composed of two or more stems.
- Category:Turkish eponyms: Turkish terms derived from names of real or fictitious people.
- Category:Turkish onomatopoeias: Turkish words that were coined to sound like what they represent.
- Category:Turkish words by prefix: Turkish words categorized by their prefixes.
- Category:Turkish reduplications: Turkish terms that underwent reduplication, so their origin involved a repetition of roots or stems.
- Category:Turkish words by suffix: Turkish words categorized by their suffixes.
- Category:Turkish terms with unknown etymologies: Turkish terms whose etymologies have not yet been established.
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► Turkish eponyms (0 c, 3 e)
- ► Turkish onomatopoeias (0 c, 1 e)
- ► Turkish words by prefix (1 c, 0 e)
- ► Turkish reduplications (0 c, 30 e)
- ► Turkish words by suffix (72 c, 0 e)
- ► Turkish terms derived from other languages (13 c, 0 e)
- ► Turkish terms with unknown etymologies (0 c, 13 e)