Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
(Redirected from Citations:'droid)
English citations of droid
|ME «||15th c.||16th c.||17th c.||18th c.||19th c.||20th c.||21st c.|
- 1976, George Lucas, Star Wars: From the Adventures of Luke Skywalker, New York: Ballantine Books, p 77:
- “These aren’t the ’droids you’re looking for,” Kenobi told him pleasantly.
- 1977, George Lucas, Star Wars (film):
- Obi-Wan: These aren't the droids you're looking for.
- 1978, Edward L. Safford, The complete handbook of robotics (Tab No.1071), Tab Books, p 11:
- It is important to note that we have here the term "robot," which is different from android, or droid for short, or from humanoid, another term associated with these machines.
- 1981, Paul Friedman, Computer programs in BASIC, page 37:
- Each droid can move one square at a time. The computer and you each "own" a droid, but each of you can control the other's droid if you so desire.
- 1985, R. A. Montgomery, War with the Evil Power Master, page 92:
- The droid nods in agreement and begins to arm the ship's defensive weapons.
- 1995, J. D. Robb, Glory in Death, page 39:
- The bartender was a droid, as most were, but she doubted this one had been programmed to listen cheerfully to customers' hard luck stories.
- 2005, John L. Kundert-Gibbs, Dariush Derakhshani, Maya Secrets of the Pros, page 96:
- For a quick venture into ambient occlusion, we'll render a CGI robot droid in several passes and composite them back together in Photoshop to show the flexibility of ambient occlusion as well as rendering in layers for different lighting passes.