Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of Sirius Black and Sirius
Proper noun: the character of Harry Potter
- 2003 June 19, Jeremy Spinrad <email@example.com>, "Re: Sam Sloan is a crossposting asshole!", message-ID <firstname.lastname@example.org>, rec.games.chess.politics, Usenet link:
- So Sam Sloan is really Clifford? Sort of puts a whole new spin on those stories. Who is the big black dog? Is Sirius Black really a member of the Redman gang, and will this be revealed in book 5? Around here we also have yellow dogs, which I understand are known as blue dogs in Texas, and are actually a variety of donkey; which side are they on and how do they feel about Mensa districts?
- 2006 January 5, kenm47 <email@example.com>, "Re: Ever wish someone else ran Buffy?", message-ID <firstname.lastname@example.org>, alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer, Usenet link:
- Nope. Still do not see a Sirius Black/Spike connection at all. If Sirius has any analog in Buffy it would be Giles IMO.(As I think further, even that's a stretch)
- 2007 October 26, aine <email@example.com>, "Re: Selene is particularly breathtaking tonight.", message-ID <firstname.lastname@example.org>, alt.religion.wicca, Usenet link:
Proper noun: a name given to male dogs
- 2004 August 29, KWBrown <arfenarfNOSPAM@hotmail.com>, "Re: Introducing....", message-ID <Xns9554B63BBF932arfenarfhotmailcom@18.104.22.168>, rec.pets.dogs.behavior, Usenet link:
- I sort of hate the "following the pack" aspect to naming a dog "Sirius Black," but it is such a *fantabulous* name for a Flat-Coat in so many ways, and I'm such a fan of the character, that it's very very tempting.
- 2006 April 22, angrie.woman <email@example.com>, "Re: how my life has changed", message-ID <firstname.lastname@example.org>, alt.life.sucks, Usenet link:
- The dog named Sirius Black and the cat named Super Mario were both named by my kids.