Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of Start
|1990 1992||2006 2010|
|ME «||15th c.||16th c.||17th c.||18th c.||19th c.||20th c.||21st c.|
1990, Rusel DeMaria, Nintendo Games Secrets, volume 3, edition illustrated, Prima Pub. and Communications, ISBN 9781559580625, page 333:
- To continue in a one-player game, press U and Start together. In a two-player game, both players press U and only player one presses Start.
- 1992 October 23, Shannon R. Adams <GRS00010@CONRAD.APPSTATE.EDU>, "Hints and Cheats for many [genesis] games", message-ID <1c842aINNgkl@lester.appstate.edu>, rec.games.video, Usenet link:
- As soon as the map screen appears, leave the plane out over the ocean and hold down Start. While holding it down, press A, B, C, B, A, A, B, C, B, A. Now release Start and use one of the following for the desired effect: [...]
1992, Corey Sandler, Ultimate Unauthorized Nintendo Classic Game Strategies, edition 2, illustrated, Random House Information Group, ISBN 9780553561241, page 303:
- Full Weapons: When the title screen stops scrolling, press Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A and Start. You can also do this trick by pressing Start to pause the game once underway.
2006, Alexander R. Galloway, Gaming: essays on algorithmic culture, edition illustrated, U of Minnesota Press, ISBN 9780816648511, page 8:
- Or in Berzerk, pressing Start is a nondiegetic act, whereas shooting robots is a diegetic act. Likewise, activating the Pause button in Max Payne is a nondiegetic act, but activating the slow-motion effect during a gunfight is a diegetic act.
2010, The Cheat Mistress, EZ Cheats Multiformat Cheats, MY Books, ISBN 9781907649479:
- Simply load up Wario Ware: Touched with the Twisted cartridge inserted into the Game Boy Advance cartridge slot. After pressing Start to begin the game, there will be a new bonus item available.