English citations of aviophobia
2005, Kyle Lake, (Re)understanding Prayer: A Fresh Approach to Conversation with God:
- I was standing in the terminal just about to board the plane, but once again, my aviophobia kicked in: nausea, hyperventilation, shakiness. I knew good and well that once I boarded the plane, I'd start feeling…
2006, Alan S. Brown, Chris Logan, The Psychology of The Simpsons: D'oh!:
- While the revelation that Marge's aviophobia has its source in her childhood discovery that her father was not a pilot but an airline "stewardess," is
2006, David C. S. Richard, Dean Lauterbach, Handbook of Exposure Therapies:
- Studies in the application of VR to arachnophobia do not have the methodological strength of those in aviophobia.
2007, Elizabeth Longmier, Short Coats:
- I have always wanted a road from Hawaii to California so that I could vacation there despite my aviophobia.
2008, Ben Trovato, Ben Trovato's Art of Survival:
- In the days before the skies, trains and roads were full of bearded madmen shouting "God is great" and then rudely detonating, people suffered from plain old aviophobia. Now the fear of flying has been overtaken by a fear of airports.