Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of cattle
- 1861, Remains, Historical and Literary, Connected with the Palatine Counties of ..., page 124
- [...] have perfect knowledge what township the cattle is of.
- n.d., Reports of Cases in Law and Equity, Argued and Determined in the Supreme Court of the State of Georgia, page 203
- The stealing of one or more cattle is punishable by imprisonment in the penitentiary
- 1908, Earley Vernon Wilcox, Clarence Beaman Smith, Farmer's Cyclopedia of Live Stock, page 224
- The standard beef cattle is the steer.
- 1912, The Shilluk People, Their Language and Folklore, page 172
- How the Cattle is brought across the River.
- n.d., Readings in Asian Farm Management, ed., Tan Bock Thiam & shao-Er Ong, page 112
- Draught-cattle is often kept for more than seven years.
- 2002, Christopher Gustavus Tiedeman, A Treatise on State and Federal Control of Persons and Property, page 758
- [...] the disposition is generally shown to require the fields to be fenced in, while the cattle is permitted to roam at large