Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of crapitalism
Noun: "(pejorative) corrupt or inauthentic capitalism; capitalism viewed as an inherently flawed or unjust system"
|1983||2005 2007 2012|
|ME «||15th c.||16th c.||17th c.||18th c.||19th c.||20th c.||21st c.|
- 1983 — Walli F. Leff & Marilyn G. Haft, Time Without Work: People Who Are Not Working Tell Their Stories, How They Feel, What They Do, How They Survive, South End Press (1983), ISBN 0896081850, page 346:
- All you have to do is look around and see that the solution is here; there are better ways to handle the resources of the globe, there are better ways to do things than "crapitalism."
- 2005 — Howard Hampton, "Naked Lunchbox", Village Voice, 3 May 2005:
- Whereas the barren, soulless toxic-waste dumps of contemporary crapitalism propelled him into the grasp of fame and fortune (not to mention those free big-legged piggyback rides), spreading his anti-wholesome influence far and wide.
- 2007 — Kam Williams, "Imus Wouldn’t Insult Jews", Black Star News, 11 April 2007:
- Rather, the mercenary aspect of crapitalism is at fault, as it allows the almighty dollar to set the programming agenda.
- 2012 — John Stossel, "Greed, capitalism and Romney", Fox News, 7 March 2012:
- Handouts to Solyndra and special deals for Goldman Sachs and GM are not capitalism. That’s “crapitalism.”