Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of francophone and Francophone
|ME «||15th c.||16th c.||17th c.||18th c.||19th c.||20th c.||21st c.|
- 1978 October 1, Language Interpretation and Communication, volume 1977, Plenum Press, ISBN 9780306400513, OL 4727237M, page 164:
- Indeed he could do it well enough for him to act as liaison interpreter between his Francophone grandparents and the Germanophone family cook, asking the latter to fetch milk, light the lamp, etc., for the former.
- 1992 October 28, Donna Gomien, “Pluralism and Minority Access to Media”, in Rosas, Allan; Helgesen, Jan E. editors, The Strength of Diversity: Human Rights and Pluralist Democracy, Dordrecht: Kluwen Academic Publishers, ISBN 9780792319870, page 59:
- Belgium has split responsibility for the administration for the administration of broadcasting services amongst three councils, one each for the francophone, Flemish-speaking and germanophone communities.
- 2002, Felicity Rash, “The German-Romance Language Borders in Switzerland”, in Treffers-Daller, Jeanine; Willemyns, Roland editors, Language Contact at the Romance-Germanic Language Border, Multilingual Matters, ISBN 9781853596278, LCCN 2002014641, OL 8980150M, page 119:
- There are two German-speaking communities in the francophone canton of Jura, Chatelet and Rebevelier, with 61.1% and 80% germanophone inhabitants respectively.
- 2004 February 2, Queen's University Institute of Intergovernmental Relations, Noël, Alain editor, Federalism and Labour Market Policy: Comparing Different Governance and Employment Strategies, McGill-Queen's University Press, ISBN 9781553390060, OL 8570622M, page 184:
- In the francophone and germanophone part of the country, the distinction between Community and Region has been maintained.
Noun: speaker of French
- 1994, Eugene Chen Eoyang, “The Many “Worlds” of World Literature: Pound and Waley as Translators of Chinese”, in Lawall, Sarah editor, Reading World Literature: Theory, History, Practice, University of Texas Press, ISBN 9780292746794, OL 10293922M, page 241:
- 2000, Julia Rogers Herschensohn, The Second Time Around: Minimalism and L2 Acquisition, John Benjamins Publishing, ISBN 9789027224897, OL 19091626M, page 106: