Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of get
Verb: "to obtain, purchase or adquire"
- 1958 28 April 1958, “GANG LEADER'S REDEMPTION”, LIFE, volume 44, number 17, Time Inc, ISSN 0024-3019, page 76:
- I was getting a regular life, I was learning discipline, I was eating regular meals, I was living in a world where fighting and drinking were wrong.
- 1991, Gene Stratton-Porter, The keeper of the bees, edition reprint, Indiana University Press, ISBN 9780253206916, page 197:
- Then, a worker bee has got six thousand eyes of each side of its head so it can see the flowers that it wants to get the pollen and the nectar from.
- 2010, Bonnie Gloeckner, Journeys from the Heart, AuthorHouse, ISBN 9781452023090, page 107:
- But she's got another to hold her tight.
- 2010, James F. Robinson, British Bee-Farming - Its Profits and Pleasures, READ BOOKS, ISBN 9781444642032, page 158:
- He gets close beneath the stand, amongst weeds or behind some weaps of earth, [...]
- 2001, Michael J. Broyde, Marriage, Divorce, and the Abandoned Wife in Jewish Law, KTAV, ISBN 9780881256789, page 116:
- However, not all bad ideas lead to gitten that are void [pasul bede'eved] and I believe that there are many Jewish divorces issued in the shadow of the 1992 Get Law that are valid according to Jewish law.
- 2002, Givon Zirkind, Tales of a Recalcitrant Husband and His Journeys, ISBN 9780972693400, page 10:
- "It is not enough that Rav --------- and Rav --------- z"tl have made posul (invalidated) all gitten (the divorces) issued by M.E. ...