Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of incestuous
|ME «||15th c.||16th c.||17th c.||18th c.||19th c.||20th c.||21st c.|
- 1638 Herbert, Sir Thomas Some years travels into divers parts of Asia and Afrique
- ...the name of wife or brother unknowne among theſe inceſtuous Troglodites: feeding, ſleeping, ſpeaking all together without order or law...
- 1977, Mel London, Getting Into Film, page 4
- The feature film is, of all the film opportunities, the most closed, the most incestuous, the toughest one to crack.
- 1993, Gary W. Selnow, Richard R. Gilbert Society's Impact on Television: How the Viewing Public Shapes Television Programming, page 42
- Each member of the video family constantly interacts with the other because television is the most collaborative of all the popular arts - some would say the most incestuous.
- 2003, Adam Bellow, In Praise of Nepotism: A Natural History, page 488
- With the advent of the two-career couple, Washington has become more incestuous than ever before.