Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of phœnomenon
- (unconfirmed) (Can we date this quote?) The Russian prophecy, a poem, occasioned by a remarkable phœnomenon in the heavens, observed in Russia, February 19, 1785, Peter Cunningham:
- (unconfirmed) 1788: Stone eater: Wonderful and extraordinary phœnomenon, main title
- Stone eater: Wonderful and extraordinary phœnomenon
- (unconfirmed) 1846: Thomas Reid, The works of Thomas Reid, with selections from his unpublished letters
- It does not discover the efficient cause of any phœnomenon in nature.