Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of shit-eating grin
- 1987, James Ellroy, The Black Dahlia, The Mysterious Press, ISBN 0-89296-206-2, p. 115
- It was Lee, grinning a shit-eating grin, looking like a million tax-free dollars.
- 1996, James Ellroy, My Dark Places, Vintage, ISBN 0-679-76205-1, p. 127
- Stephen Nash went to the gas chamber in August ’59. He spit some chewing gum at a chaplain right before they strapped him in. He sucked down the cyanide fumes with a big shit-eating grin.
- 2001, Philip Preville, "Summit of the absurd," Montreal Monitor, 26 Apr. (retrieved 28 Jan. 2008),
- What I'm doing right now—lounging around, wearing a shit-eating grin—is the most irresponsible, despicable, reprehensible thing I could possibly do.
- 2006, Ted Bell, Spy: A Thriller, ISBN 9780743277235, p. 29,
- He was at the wheel of his brand-new 1965 GTO, top down, wearing a super-sized shit-eating grin on his face.
- 2008, Saul Landau, "The Mindless Iran Strategy: Bush Snatches Defeat from Victory," counterpunch.org, 5 Jan. (retrieved 23 Jan. 2008),
- I can imagine him sporting his ubiquitous shit-eating grin and taking credit for international accomplishments.