Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of three-quarter sibling
|1993||2005 2007 2011|
|ME «||15th c.||16th c.||17th c.||18th c.||19th c.||20th c.||21st c.|
- 1993 — Robert J. Summers, "Strike Looming at Fort Erie as Saturday's Deadline Nears", The Buffalo News, 30 June 1993:
- The grays, both bred by Steve Stavros' Knob Hill Stable, are three-quarter siblings out of the same mare, Rosedon, a daughter of sire Vice Regent and and dam Dobbinee. Benburb, a 4-year-old, was sired by Dr. Carter. Lady Aloma was sired by Cozzene. Both Dr. Carter and Cozzene are sons of Caro.
- 2005 — Ken McLean, Designing Speed in the Racehorse, The Russell Meerdink Company, Ltd. (2005), ISBN 9780929346809, page 9:
- The combination of three-quarter siblings Nasrullah and Royal Charger brings together similar genes via a "son" and "daughter" of Mumtaz Begum.
- 2007 — Andrew Eddy, "Everything turns to gold for Tagg and partners", Sydney Morning Herald, 3 August 2007:
- She won only one race from 13 starts but now has an Encosta De Lago yearling filly and is in foal to Fusaichi Pegasus, meaning the foal will be a three-quarter sibling of Haradasun.
- 2011 — Nicole Russo, "Yearling sale to be held on Monday and Tuesday night", The Saratogian, 7 August 2011:
- Among Bernardini's progeny is a filly consigned by Dromoland Farm, Inc; she is out of Nataliano, making her a three-quarter sibling to Grade 1 winner AP Adventure.