Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of tip
- 1997, Yusuf Jah; Shah'Keyah Jah, Uprising, page 27:
- I was around Big Jimel Barnes, which him, Tookie, and Raymond Washington were OG Crips that we all used to look up to back in the day, so they were like my idols as far as on the Crippin' tip, they were my big homiez, and I wanted to be like my big homeboys
- 1999, Sheneska Jackson, Blessings, page 36:
- She was hip-hop smoothed out on the R&B tip. She was hot links and baked beans. She was Ebony magazine, forget Vogue and Cosmopolitan. She was black, through and through, only you couldn't tell that by looking at her.
- 2002, Eric Jerome Dickey, Thieves' paradise:
- Nothing major on the grift tip, but still more than the average hustler. His specialty used to be going into the DMV to sneak tests with all the right answers to people.
- 2008, Tysha; Eric Gray, Mark Anthony, Around the Way Girls, page 278:
- "What's good?" I asked the bodyguard-looking dude. He didn't respond to me, and I didn't want to just straight-out ask for Tito because I didn't know what was what at that point. "Yo, what's the tip in, and what's the tip out?
- 2003, Torrance Stephens, Rockstar, Stud, Gigolo, page 69:
- "So you are still on the Tequila tip, huh?" "And you know it!" I exclaimed, tasting both drinks to make sure that they met my requirements.
Not durably archived
- 2011, Andrea Plaid, Nafi Diallo Stencil - please weigh in, EndViolenceAgainstWomen, July 30, 
- The last big campaign where "we are xyz' got seriously criticized was the "We Are Africa" campaign, mostly on the appropriation tip.