Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: croton
- (genus): Plantae - kingdom; angiosperms, eudicots, core eudicots, rosids, eurosids I - clades; Malpighiales - order; Euphorbiaceae - family; Crotonoideae - subfamily; Crotoneae - tribe
- Croton (plant) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Croton (plant)
- Croton on Wikispecies. Wikispecies
- Category:Croton on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia Commons: Category:Croton
- Croton at USDA Plants database
- (dated) The water supply of New York City. [from 1840]
1869, “Annual report of the Department of Public Charities of the City of New York”, page 178:
- The pumps now draw water from this tank, instead of from the "Croton main" as formerly.
1891, Transactions of the Royal Institute of British Architects, page 364:
- The water, supplied from the "Croton" main at the 68th Street side of the building, is connected by two pipes: one for direct service, and the other to supply a hot-air engine, which forces the water to the tank at the top of the house for a high or indirect service.
1895 June 29, “THE POOR WATER SUPPLY; Business Men Alarmed by The New-York Times Exposures”, New York Times:
- New York Cotton Exchange - A pressure of about 14 pounds from the Croton main
- Croton bug (cockroach)