Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Earth Mother (plural Earth Mothers)
- (paganism) The Great Goddess of the Earth and fertility.
- 1994 Anglo-Saxon Mythology, Migration & Magic, Tony Linsell, Anglo-Saxon, ISBN 1-898281-09-2, page 165.
- Taking this somewhat tenuous line of reasoning one step further, it might be suggested that witches sought enlightenment and contact with the Earth Mother and Sky Father through group activities, while wizards tended towards shamanistic methods and techniques.
- 1997 Thunder issue 2 (Heathen Journal), Thor and the Goddesses, Thorskegga Thorn.
- His mother is Jord (the Earth Mother), his foster mother is Hlora, his step mother is Frigg, his wife is Sif, his mistress is the giantess Jarnsaxa and his daughter is Thrud (one of the valkyries).
- 2000 Galdrbok, Nathan J. Johnson & Robert J. Wallis, The Wykeham Press, ISBN 0-9549609-1-2, page 193.
- The following scheme further interprest the 'Skyfather(s)' - Earthmother(s) cosmology, drawing on our previous discussion of cosmogony and cosmology..