Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: fox
- A surname derived from the name of the animal.
- (US, broadcasting) Fox Broadcasting Company, a large television network from the USA.
- I watched a great show on Fox last night.
- A given name.
Fox (plural Foxes)
- (soccer) someone connected with Leicester City Football Club, as a fan, player, coach etc.
2011 January 18, Phil Dawkes, “Man City 4 - 2 Leicester”, BBC:
- The Foxes played with plenty of initiative in the original tie at the Walkers Stadium and they started this tie in impressively positive fashion, producing the game's first two chances: Andy King's goal-bound half-volley from Steve Howard's header down was tipped over by Joe Hart and Sol Bamba headed the resultant corner wide.
- (dated) A member of the Outagamie or Meskwaki, a Native American people.