Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Gullah (not comparable)
- Pertaining to the language and culture of a group of islands off the coast of the Carolinas and Georgia in the United States.
- The music of George Gershwin’s Porgie and Bess was inspired in part by Gullah "shouts".
Gullah (plural Gullahs or Gullah)
- A member of this culture.
- A creole of English and various African languages spoken on a group of islands off the southern coast of the United States.
- Gullah has been spoken continuously since before the Civil War.