Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
"Hell" spelled out, referring to the fact that lowercase "l" looks like a toothpick.
May be spelled with varying levels of hyphen usage.
- 1982: Peter W. Davis, Hometown
- Yet you try it out and the gimpy ones will scream H-E double toothpicks about Social Security in their golden years, which I want to tell them I need some security right now or I'm not going to have any golden years.
- 1999: Chip Ward, Canaries on the Rim: Living Downwind in the West
- Rural Mormons like my friend do not use the "H word" lightly. They say "HE double toothpicks" rather than pronounce the word out loud.
- 2002: Christopher Breen, Mac 911
- When they do, all kinds of h-e-double-toothpicks can ensue—including a mac that freezes during the startup process.