Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A patronymic surname derived from several different Norman given names (related to Henry and Norwegian Amund).
- Any of a number of places in the US and Canada named after persons with the surname.
- A male given name transferred from the surname.
- 1937 Clara Studer, Sky storming Yankee, Stackpole sons, 1937, page 19:
- The Glen was the prettiest place she knew, so pretty she thought she ought to name her first baby after it. With another "n" added "to make it look more like a name", she called him Glenn Hammond Curtiss. The middle name was taken from the town itself, or its first settler, Lazarus Hammond.