Hanover + -ian
Hanoverian (comparative more Hanoverian, superlative most Hanoverian)
- Of or from Hanover.
- Of or from the House of Hanover, a German royal dynasty.
Hanoverian (plural Hanoverians)
- Someone of or from Hanover.
- Someone from the House of Hanover.
- A supporter of the House of Hanover.
- 1749, Henry Fielding, The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling, Book VI, chapter ii
- " […] I had rather be anything than a courtier, and a Presbyterian, and a Hanoverian too, as some people, I believe, are."