Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Hawaiian mythology) Any of the twelve sisters of the volcano goddess Pele, especially the youngest and favorite one.
- A female given name, sometimes also given to men.
- (astronomy) A moon of Haumea.
- (moons of Haumea) Namaka, Hiʻiaka
- Mary Kawena Pukui - Samuel Elbert, Hawaiian Dictionary, University of Hawaii Press 1971, page 383
- Mary Kawena Pukui, etc, Nānā i ke Kumu, volume 2, Hui Hānai 1979, ISBN 0961673826, page 146
- Hawaii State Archives: Marriage records Hiiaka (in the old spelling) occurs in 19th century marriage records as the only name (mononym) of 1 woman and 3 men.