Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ʌn
Hun (plural Huns)
- A member of a nomadic tribe, the Huns, most likely of Turkic origin, which invaded Europe in the fourth century from Central Asia.
- (figuratively) a vandal, a barbarian, an uncivilized destructive person
- (slang, derogatory, UK) A German (popular in the media since World War I)
- (slang, derogatory, UK, Ireland) A Protestant.
- (derogatory term for a German): Fritz , Jerry, Kraut
- (derogatory term for a Protestant): Prod, Proddy, orangie, Orangeman
member of nomadic tribe
derogatory term for a German