Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Islam) A son of Ali and brother of Hassan; a martyr, and Shiah Imam.
- A male given name used by Muslims, diminutive of Hasan حسن meaning good or handsome.
- A Muslim surname derived from the Arabic given name.
- Used by all Muslims, but particularly by Shias
- In Hebrew, Chasin is a given name meaning strong and also appears in liturgy meaning 'mighty.'
- In Hebrew, the word chassan means groom, as in 'bride and groom' , and though the two [chasin - chasan] have a different spelling, they share the same pronunciation.