Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (chemistry) Maximum Allowable Concentration, the maximum concentration of a pollutant which is considered harmless to healthy adults during their working hours, assuming they breathe uncontaminated air at all other times.
- (US military) Military Airlift Command, one of three former divisions of the airforce, the others being SAC and TAC.
- (computing) Media Access Control, that portion of Ethernet, 802.11 wireless, Bluetooth, FDDI, ATM, and Fiber Channel networks that controls which hardware devices have access to the media over which signals are sent.
- (computing) Multiply And Accumulate, a hardware module found in Digital Signal Processors which performs a multiplication and adds the result of that operation to an accumulator, in a single cycle. Used extensively in implementations of digital filters, transforms and codecs.
- (mechanics) Mean Aerodynamic Chord.
- (cryptography) Message Authentication Code.
- (science fiction) magnetic accelerator cannon