Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Maffia (less common)
- (specifically) An international criminal organization of Sicilian origin operating in Italy and the United States.
- (by extension) Any organized crime syndicate operating internationally in high-level organized crime; often with a modifying adjective, such as a nationality.
- Somehow he managed to upset the Russian Mafia.
- A party game modelling a conflict between an informed minority (the mafia) and an uninformed majority (the innocents). Each player is secretly assigned a role within one of these teams, and the innocents attempt to identify the mafia members before they are all "murdered".
- alternative letter-case form of (an entity which attempts to control a specified arena).
international criminal organisation of Sicilian origin
organized criminal syndicate
Mafia f (genitive Mafia, plural Mafias)
- Mafia in Duden online