Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also navajo
Alternative forms 
From Spanish, from Tewa navahu (“field adjoining an arroyo”).
- A member of the Navajo people, currently the largest Native American tribe in North America.
Derived terms 
Proper noun 
- An Apachean (Southern Athabaskan) language of the Athabascan language family belonging to the Na-Dené phylum. It is spoken by 149,000 people in the American Southwest (Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, and Colorado).
See also 
- Athabaskan languages on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Athabaskan languages
- Southern Athabaskan languages on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Southern Athabaskan languages
- Na-Dené languages on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Na-Dené languages
- Wiktionary's coverage of Navajo terms