- Palæstinian (archaic)
- Rhymes: -ɪniən
- Of, from, or pertaining to Palestine or the Palestinian people.
Prior to 1948 CE, "Palestinian" was used in reference to the whole area known at that time as Palestine before the establishment of the State of Israel. For example, today’s English‐language Israeli newspaper The Jerusalem Post was called The Palestine Post under the British Mandate of Palestine; also the Palestinian Orchestra was a Jewish orchestra.
Palestinian (plural Palestinians)
- An inhabitant of Palestine or an Arab descending from that area.
- An inhabitant of the West Bank and Gaza Strip, legally governed by the Palestinian National Authority.
- Pal, Pally (informal)
- Falestinian, Filastinian (rare)
- Fakestinian, Palestinkian (derogatory and hence offensive)