Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: phoebe
- A taxonomic genus within the family Lauraceae — tropical and subtropical evergreen trees, native to Asia and the Americas.
- (genus): Phoebe lanceolata - type species. For some of the more than 100 species see Phoebe on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Phoebe (plant) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Phoebe (plant)
- Phoebe on Wikispecies. Wikispecies
- Phoebe (Lauraceae) on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia Commons: Phoebe (Lauraceae)
- Phoebe at The Plant List
- A female given name.
- (Greek mythology) A Titan, goddess of the moon, sister-wife of Coeus, and daughter of Uranus and Gaia.
- (Greek mythology) An epithet and synonym for Selene; Phoebe Selene, after her maternal aunt, Phoebe (see above).
- (Greek mythology) An epithet and synonym for Artemis; Phoebe Artemis, after her maternal grandmother, Phoebe (see above).
- (astronomy) The 14th moon of Saturn.
- 1590, Edmund Spenser, The Faerie Queene: II: ii: 44:
- Now hath faire Phoebe with her silver face
- Thrise seene the shadowes of the neather world
- 1901 American Standard Bible: Romans 16:1:
- I commend unto you Phoebe our sister who is a servant of the church that is at Cenchreae.
- vocative singular of