Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Alternative forms 
- Rhymes: -uːbən
Reuben (plural Reubens)
- A grilled or toasted sandwich made with corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and either Russian dressing or Thousand Island dressing.
grilled or toasted sandwich
Proper noun 
- (biblical) First son of Jacob, by his wife Leah.
- (biblical) One of the Israelite tribes, descended from Reuben.
- A male given name.
- 1611 — King James Version of the Bible, Genesis 35:22b-26
- Now the sons of Jacob were twelve: 23 The sons of Leah; Reuben, Jacob's firstborn, and Simeon, and Levi, and Judah, and Issachar, and Zebulun: 24 The sons of Rachel; Joseph, and Benjamin: 25 And the sons of Bilhah, Rachel's handmaid; Dan, and Naphtali: 26 And the sons of Zilpah, Leah's handmaid; Gad, and Asher: these are the sons of Jacob, which were born to him in Padan-aram.
- 1611 — King James Version of the Bible, Joshua 13:15
- And Moses gave unto the tribe of the children of Reuben inheritance according to their families.
Derived terms 
first son of Jacob
one of the twelve tribes of Israel
male given name