Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
(Redirected from Rhymes:English:-ɔː(r)d)
- In non-rhotic dialects, words ending in öd, /ɔːd/, /O:d/, typically spelled "-aud", are also rhymes. See -ɔːd for these words.
- For more rhymes, add d, ed or 'd to some words at -ɔː(ɹ).
- Some rhymes may depend on whether a specific dialect or accent has the cot-caught merger.
- ford, Ford
- lord, Lord
- toward (in one pronunciation - see also Two syllables below)
- insured (in some accents)
- record (verb)
- toward (in one pronunciation - see also One syllable above)