Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: sms
- 1 English
- 2 Dutch
- 3 French
- 4 German
- 5 Japanese
- 6 Portuguese
- Short Message Service, a service for sending text messages on a cellular telephone system.
- (video games) Sega Master System.
- (numismatics) special mint set
- (psychology) short man syndrome
- (military, nautical) SMS — Seiner Majestät Schiff – literally, "His Majesty's Ship" in German
SMS (plural SMSes)
- A text message sent on a cell phone.
a text message sent on a cell phone
- To send a message on a cell phone.
- I SMSed him and asked why he is late.
- I can't talk to her: she is too busy SMSing her friends.
to send a message on a cell phone
- Misspelling of sms.
SMS f, n (genitive SMS, plural SMS or SMSen)
- SMS (text message)
- The noun is almost exclusively feminine in northern Germany, central Germany, and Luxembourg. The neuter gender is predominant in the southern half of the language area, but the feminine is also heard.
- The unchanged plural SMS is generally used with the neuter gender. With the feminine, the marked form SMSen is often needed to express the plural, but the unchanged form can be used when the plural is evident from the grammatical construction, or the context.
えす・えむ・えす (エス・エム・エス, esu-emu-esu)
SMS m (plural SMS)
- SMS (a text message sent on a cell phone)