Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Worship of Satan (usually synonymous with "the Devil").
- Religious groups that follow Satanism include Luciferians and Laveyans.
- A profession, philosophy, or ideological construct featuring a positive, admirable, or useful association to the figure, character or entity known as 'Satan'.
- LaVeyan Satanism.
- (Can we verify(+) this sense?) Any religion seen as non-Abrahamic.
- Satanism is not always capitalized in all senses.
- Self-identified Satanists typically use the term Satanism in senses 3 and 4, and use the terms Satanic and Satanist analogously.
a religion founded by Anton Szandor LaVey