Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A sub-provincial city in the south-east of China, the third largest city, in the province of Guangdong.
- In 1979 Shenzhen was a small border city of some 30,000 inhabitants that served as a customs stop into mainland China from Hong Kong. (Encyclopædia Britannica)
- ...The first four special economic zones were created in 1980 in southeastern coastal China and consisted of what were then the small cities of Shenzhen, Zhuhai, and Shantou in Guangdong province and Xiamen (Amoy) ... (Encyclopædia Britannica)
- Shenzhen municipal government will give top priority to developing its modern logistics and finance sectors and building the industries into the city's pillar sectors in the following years. (China Daily; November 8, 2006)
a city in China
- Shenzhen (a city in China)