Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
(Redirected from St. Nicholas)
- A 4th century Greek bishop from Anatolia.
- The patron saint of children.
- The patron saint of the marines in the Orthodox tradition.
- The American, Latin American, and British variant of the European folk myth of Saint Nicholas, explaining the source of Christmas presents given to children on Christmas Day.
- Black Peter, companion of Saint Nicholas.
4th century Greek bishop
patron saint of children
Santa Claus — see Santa Claus