Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Earliest Usenet uses via Google Groups:
- debunked: net.math - Apr 11 1982, 4:02 am by G:cl
- (subject line) Newcombe's paradox debunked (maybe)
- debunking: net.misc - Apr 15 1982, 1:08 pm by dadlaA!st
- Randi, along with Martin Gardner and a few other rationalists are involved in the Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal (CSICOP); whose sole aim in life seems to be the debunking of all forms of pseudo-science.
- debunk: net.aviation - Aug 7 1982, 11:50 pm by rabbit!wo
- Certainly, no one connected with the aviation industry is going to try to debunk this mythology.
- debunks: net.misc - Feb 23 1983, 1:09 am by nmtvax!gw
- Randi debunks him so thoroughly you almost feel sorry for him.
— Hippietrail 23:57, 4 Mar 2005 (UTC)