Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Since Merriam-Webster has credited Gary Carter with this term, why would it be absent from the etymology? -- 126.96.36.199 12:38, 19 August 2012 (UTC)
- There are several possibilities...
- We didn't get around to it, with so many other entries to work on already.
- None of us knew about it.
- There are no other sources to confirm it.
- —CodeCat 12:54, 19 August 2012 (UTC)
- It was on this page, and was deleted, it had a source that confirmed it attached -- 188.8.131.52 05:08, 20 August 2012 (UTC)
- Here's a further source, in addition to the one that was on the page at the time the etymology was removed. Daily Mail specifically posits that Gary Carter coined the term -- 184.108.40.206 07:03, 20 August 2012 (UTC)