Just a heads-up about the Swedish translations, some of them are a bit far-out...
- idiot ok
- pucko ok
- dumhuvud ok
- dumbom ok
- flane rare, dialectal
- fjompa rare, dialectal
- störding rare, informal
- hoolawaala I doubt it's a real word
- rumänsvin racist word ("Romanian asshole")
- negerjaktörnsäck racist word
- pilsnerafrikan racist word
- nöt ok
- monamuslim refers to Mona Sahlin
- vänsterjävel left-wing asshole
- kimdanhäll I doubt it exists, no idea what it refers to
- sektmänniska (religious) sect member
Fiskjuice 09:29, 16 March 2010 (UTC)
Hello, in french
For "nincompoop" , besides the simple & gross "con" & "connard" , we have some equivalent colloquial expressions of rural origin for which some explanations are not superfluous.
- "mal cuit" & "démoulé trop tôt" compare implicitly a fop's brain to an underdone cake (or pie), specially one which has been taken too fast out of the mould. May be applied to somebody known (or suspected) to have been a premature child.
- "bercé trop près du mur" ("rocked too near to the wall") implies a lot of neglect during childhood : the lenghty bumping of the cot against the wall having altered the child's mental and intellectual growth...
- we have also "gars qui n'a pas tous ses fagots à l'abri" : "a chap not wise enough to keep his fire-sticks bundles under a shed"...
T.y. Arapaima 08:29, 23 January 2011 (UTC)
World War II?
I'm a little confused as to how it could have originated after WWII if it was in use in 1905? Perhaps either the article should clarify that, or remove the post-WWII theory? 188.8.131.52 14:42, 16 January 2012 (UTC)