Request for Verification
See the examples (of rather poor taste, admittedly...) on this page about "thems" acting as a form of "those", or otherwise the plural of "that".
Found under yinz in its Diction section:
- Yinz guys is gonna get a beatin' tonight if thems not tidy. Mary Jane, thems gumbands should be in your hair not on this here floor.
Found in Grammar, point 7:
- Pa: I never seen a trailer that big before. Thems must be a doublewide!
Wōdenhelm 05:04, 5 October 2010 (UTC)
This entry has survived Wiktionary's verification process.
Please do not re-nominate for verification without comprehensive reasons for doing so.
- It's not very hard to produce three uses of thems as (“those who”) —  — but I'm not sure whether thems is used otherwise in this sense. Probably yes, but it's hard to search for. —RuakhTALK 00:30, 3 October 2010 (UTC)
- It's essentially plural of that, or otherwise an Appalachian form of those: "Thems are good cars."
- Recorded examples are a bit hard to find, but otherwise, see the Talk on its page. Wōdenhelm 04:42, 22 October 2010 (UTC)
- + Also, here's a Twitter users's status, using thems as a form of those/these, seen here. (I have no clue who the user is. I searched Google for thems are, and this was in the top results) Wōdenhelm 23:13, 29 January 2011 (UTC)