Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A native or resident of the American state of North Carolina.
- I'm a Tar Heel born / I'm a Tar Heel bred / And when I die / I'm a Tar Heel dead.
- A player on a sports team representing the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Michael Jordan is one of many Tar Heel basketball standouts
- A student or alumnus of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- A fan of the University of North Carolina athletic teams
- A town in North Carolina.