Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Preferred usage involves up to three named arguments:
- past for the simple past form.
- Use "past=-" for verbs with no simple past tense.
- past2 for a second past form should it exist.
- passive for the passive form (for use with active verbs).
- active for the active form (for use with passive verbs).
- type to categorise the following non-active verb types:
- type="passive" or "pass"
- type="mediopassive" or "med"
- type="deponent" or "dep"
Example syntaxes below are followed by their respective outputs: